Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Under the Tuscan Sun...

This movie might not have done well at the box office, but this is one of the movies I completely enjoyed...(well.I have a reputation of liking movies which are usually not very popular;-)* The backdrop of vineyards in Tuscany.
* Sunflowers & purple grapes.
* A dilapidated villa called 'Bramasole' with peeling paint.
* Single ornate tap in the middle of the house with no water.
* Of new beginnings in a land unknown.

* Blossoming of friendships.
* Giant wrought Iron bed with Mother Mary's image.
* Italian men on Piaggio scooters.
* Huge kitchen with a black-board for the menu(I love!)
* Olive picking in the olive grove.
* Drinking loads of red wine.
* Lines like ..."It's market day in Cortona, the piazza is an on-going party and everyone is invited".

Could it get any better than this...:-)
I watch then*sigh* then watch then *sigh* then watch.....

This weekend I picked another movie called 'A good year'...why?
You guessed it right!
It is set in the vineyards of Provence;-)

11 comments:

Sugarlips said...

Such a lovely shot Arch :)
Under the Tuscan Sun...was a great movie :)

Stay Beautiful..!!

Vineeta said...

You could get me hooked with your descriptions :) Its always great to hear someone speak of the things they love :)

Anonymous said...

Yup you had recommended this movie to me I still have to watch :-( Still Hunting for the CD :-( Hope wud to get it soon….

Till then we are waiting for the review of “A good Year”

N’Joy Girl :-)

~Kanchan

madelyn said...

Maybe we could write a new
scene for the film where the
Italian man on the Piaggio
scooter could write the
menu for dinner on the chalkboard
while we pick olives ...

I haven't seen this film -
but I shall:)

Latha said...

Lovely picture of the red gerberas Archana! Have not seen this movie.. will see it now!
Should tell u this... i just love u'r epics of daily life... that i started taking pics of mine too... the other day i was trying to get a good shot of my tea mug (or cofi mug??) with my tea bag in it and my husband thought i was nuts! :-)
Cheers
Latha

Gill said...

I absolutely adore this film. I thought about it's message for a long while after...you do get what you wish for. You need only eyes to see it, eyes of gratitude.
xo
Blue

Carrie @carrieloves said...

I love both of those movies. Everything just seems so serene & complete in the south of France.

~ Carrie

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the movie but I have read the book severl times and truly enjoy it.

Lady Prism said...

I've watched that close to about 30 times already...I get color inspiration from the film!..Luv it!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I like that they go to the Amalfi Coast in this movie. Thought the best Amalfi Coast scenery is probably "A Good Woman" with Helen Hunt and Scarlett Johannsen--or "The Talented Mr. Ripley", but that is a pretty dark film.

Glyn said...

Great film, but bring Tuscany closer and visit my website. I've been living here for 10 years!